If you are under 18, please read these Terms and Conditions together with your parent or legal guardian
1. Information on the promotion and how to participate forms part of these Terms & Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Nintendo Australia Pty Ltd of 804 Stud Road, Scoresby, Victoria 3179, Australia, ABN 43 060 566 083 (hereafter called the "Promoter").
3. This promotion is open to residents of Australia and New Zealand.
4. The promotional period is from 28th November 2013, 2:01am AEDT to 14th January 2014, 9:59am AEDT ("Promotional Period"). You must have registered two products distributed by the Promoter in Australia or New Zealand: (i) a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system (Nintendo 2DS excluded) and (ii) one out of fifteen eligible games in Club Nintendo at club.nintendo.com.au during the Promotional Period. The eligible games are:
For the registration of a download version of an eligible game, the Nintendo eShop account must have been linked with a Club Nintendo account prior to the download of the game from Nintendo eShop. Please allow 24 hours between linking your Club Nintendo account and downloading games via Nintendo eShop. The registration survey must be completed before 14th January 2014, 9:59 AEDT to complete the registration process of an eligible game.
5. After you have registered both products, you will be given an opportunity to request a free download code for the game SUPER MARIO 3D LAND. The request of a download code must be completed by 14th February 2014, 9:59am AEDT. The download code will be sent to you at the email address registered in your Club Nintendo account.
6. The download code can be used to download the game SUPER MARIO 3D LAND from Nintendo eShop to a Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS system. The download code expires on 14th March 2014, 9:59am AEDT.
8. You can participate in this promotion only once. Product registrations for the participation in this promotion cannot be combined with other promotions.
9. Neither the Promoter nor its officers, agents, employees or associated companies will be liable for any loss or damage (including any indirect or consequential loss) arising from the inability of a person to participate in the promotion because of technical difficulties or the unavailability of specific eligible Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL systems or games) unless such liability may not be lawfully excluded in which case their liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
10. The Promoter is collecting participants' information for the purposes of conducting the promotion and registering participants. If you do not provide this information, you will not be eligible to participate in the promotion. The Promoter is bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988. Participants may gain access to the personal information which the Promoter holds about them by contacting the Privacy Compliance Officer, Nintendo Australia Pty Ltd, 804 Stud Road, Scoresby, Victoria 3179, Australia.
When you've received your free download code, head to Nintendo eShop to redeem it. Just follow these simple instructions:
Ensure that your Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 2DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system is connected to the internet. For more information on how to connect your system to the internet, see our Nintendo 3DS Support page.
On the HOME Menu of your Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 2DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system, select the Nintendo eShop icon to launch Nintendo eShop. For more information, see our Nintendo eShop page.
Scroll to the far left of Nintendo eShop and select 'Settings/Other', then tap 'Redeem Download Code' - enter your free download code in the box displayed and select 'OK'.
Follow the on-screen instructions and select 'Download' to start the download process – you can then choose to download the game immediately or download it while your Nintendo 3DS system is in Sleep Mode. Whichever method you choose, however, please note that your Nintendo 3DS system will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the download.
For more information on downloading games from Nintendo eShop, see our How to buy games page.
For further information regarding this promotion, please refer to the Terms & Conditions tab of this promotional website.
In order to become a Club Nintendo member, you need to register at least one registrable Nintendo system or boxed game on the Club Nintendo website. You can find a red product registration card inside the packaging of all current Nintendo systems (excluding Wii U) and many Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 2DS, Wii and Nintendo DS games – enter the printed code on the Product Registration section of the Club Nintendo site and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Please note that downloadable versions of games downloaded from Nintendo eShop cannot be registered if the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS system used to download them is not first linked to a Club Nintendo account; as such, they cannot be used to become a Club Nintendo member. Also, some older boxed titles may no longer be registrable, as product registration codes can expire.
You can find details of how to link your Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS system to your Club Nintendo account on our Nintendo 3DS Support page. It is important that you allow 24 hours after linking your Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS system to your Club Nintendo account before downloading any titles from Nintendo eShop, to ensure that they are successfully registered to your account.
Providing the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS system that you download them to is connected to your Club Nintendo account, any downloadable versions of games downloaded from Nintendo eShop will be added to the My Registered Games and Systems section of your Club Nintendo account page. You can then visit this page and click the 'Claim Stars for this download' link to complete the registration survey as normal. Once you have completed the survey the game will be registered to your Club Nintendo account.
For downloadable versions of eligible games, the registration survey within Club Nintendo must be completed by 9:59am AEDT January 14th 2014, for any eligible downloadable version to count toward this promotion. Please also note that downloadable versions of games downloaded from Nintendo eShop cannot be registered if the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS system used to download them is not first linked to a Club Nintendo account.
Yes. For Nintendo 3DS XL White with Mario Kart 7 pre-installed, Nintendo 3DS XL Black with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate pre-installed and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Limited Edition Nintendo 3DS XL Pack, only one Club Nintendo registration code is included, so registering this single code will count towards the promotion.
Nintendo 3DS XL White with Super Mario 3D Land is not eligible to be registered as part of this promotion.
Eligible products registered before the promotion start date do not count towards the promotion.
If it is less than seven days since you claimed your free download code, please be patient – while we aim to send you a code as soon as possible after registration, there may be an unexpected delay in the email process. If it is more than seven days since you registered for your free download code and you haven't received it, please do the following: Log into Club Nintendo website and check the banners at the top of the page – any download code allocated to your account through this promotion will be shown here. Check the Spam/Junk folder of your email account, as your Club Nintendo email may have been directed here depending on how your email account is set up. Check that the email address linked to your Club Nintendo account is correct in the My Personal Data section of the Club Nintendo website. If it isn't, then the email address provided during the registration process may also be wrong – please enter the correct email address and then contact Nintendo Customer Service
If – having registered a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system and an eligible game, conformed to the Terms & Conditions of this promotion and followed the above steps – you still don't have your free download code, please contact Nintendo Customer Service.
As soon as you receive it. Codes will be sent out as soon as possible following your claim. You must redeem your free download code by 9:59am AEDT on 14th March 2014.
Yes – you must redeem your free download code by 9:59am AEDT on 14th March 2014.